1. What led you to become a film director?
2. What inspired TRACES OF MEMORY
and why did you choose to direct it?
3. The intro shot is memorable. Can you elaborate on it?
4. The desert in TRACES OF MEMORY can be interpreted as the
third main character. Would you agree?
5. What advice can you give to aspiring actresses and actors?
Actor / Director / Writer
Awards - Publicity - Media - Radio - Online Interviews
(US)/CANADIAN MEDIA: DIRECTOR, WRITER, VETERAN ACTRESS JODY JARESS is known for... playing multi-layered complex character roles such as a mentally challenged wife, a psychiatrist, a creepy nanny, an agonized nurturing mother, and a lightheaded wife.
During an exclusive discussion with Jody Jaress, Asha Bajaj, Editorial-Director of Canadian-Media, learns about Jody Jaress' adventurous journey in life, as a producer, director, actress, editor, a Jazz musician. She also tells her experiences of her role in the short film, 'Mother's Day Memories.’
"...acting is calmly rewarding, as is singing, and both extremely exhilarating! Directing is powerful. It's more demanding, but what a privilege to be so trusted."
1. How do you justify the very complicated but true to life role in the short film ‘Mother's Day Memories’?
2. You are both an actress and a writer. What motivated
you toward these fields?
3. Name a few films in which you acted with a brief description of your role in each.
4. You also have to your credit many years of performing and contribution to the jazz and blues community. How were you applauded for these services?
5. When, and by whom was "International Jazz Day" created? Do you have any contribution to this?
What is the significance of this event?
6. What attracts you more, performing and contributing to the jazz and blues community, or acting and directing?
7. Which were the films directed by you? Name a few and throw some light on these?
8. Have you ever produced any film? If so, please name them.
9. What are your future plans and projects?
SEARCH MY TRASH by Mike Haberfelner (Germany): JODY JARESS DISCUSSES THE MAKING OF...
"MOTHER'S DAY MEMORIES" plus insights to her life, career choices and new technology in filmmaking.
GLamgical Up Close & Personal Interviews:
JODY JARESS, cast and filmmakers
DISCUSS THE MAKING OF "MOTHER'S DAY MEMORIES"
personal thoughts on Alzheimers, filming techniques
festivals, and more...
MARILYN FILMS and Distribution: JODY JARESS CELEBRATED ACTRESSES' DIRECTORIAL DEBUT
ONE ON ONE WITH JODY JARESS... (click for interview)
"Most friends and family would say it's a natural progression for me
(to direct) due to my desire to always be HANDS ON and in CONTROL
with everything! So they say! LOL!"
trey olds radio show
Jody shares personal stories regarding her journey into acting/singing.
Highlights NYC, Will-O-Way Theatre, Basil Rathbone, USO and more...
Exclusive interview with Jody Jaress by Vinegar Syndrome regarding her first feature film
THE BIGOT aka THE HUNTING SEASON remastered and released by Troma Films
as DEADLY DAPHNE'S REVENGE... includes Jody's film clips as Rhea.
THE BEST FREE CONCERTS IN LA / OCTOBER
Honored this year as a Living Legend by the Living Legends Foundation—which honors Jazz and Blues artists for stellar lifelong careers, Jody Jaress lives up to her award. Having spent her early years opening for the likes of Louis Armstrong, Dinah Shore and Harry Belafonte, Jaress paved the road to her own spotlight while raising funds for charities such as We Are The Children, the Angel Food Foundation, and the AIDS Healthcare Foundation.
She has received several independent film festival awards for acting, and serving on the board of the International Student Film Festival Hollywood. After nearly 30 years, Jaress still performs at her peak, with no sign of slowing down.
"Jody Jaress... excellent."
- Robert Koehler, Variety reviewer
The Hollywood Reporter
Los Angeles Times (US)
LA Weekly (US)
Box Office Magazine (US)
The Tolucan Times (US)
Back Stage West
Women's Independent Film Festival
Desert Theatre League Awards
Valley Film Festival
Southern Shorts Awards
Palm Springs International ShortFest
Los Angeles Cinema Festival of Hollywood, US
California Women's Film Festival
Best Shorts Competition
Awareness Film Festival, CA
Monaco Film Festival
Method Fest Film Festival
Big Bear Lake International Film Festival
Temecula International Film Festival